LucidNAS truly moves beyond traditional RAID. The data integrity features it provides far surpass those of legacy hardware RAID arrays. LucidNAS supports:
- RAID 0 – striping
- RAID 1 – mirroring
- Two-way mirror (recommended if you use 3TB drives)
- Three-way mirror (recommended for 3TB+ drives)
- RAIDz – similar to RAID 5, single rotating parity (but without “the write hole”). Any one drive can fail without data loss.
- RAIDz2 – similar to RAID 6, double parity. Any two drives can fail without data loss.
- RAIDz3 – triple rotating parity (no traditional RAID equivalent). Any three drives can fail without data loss.
Posted in: LucidNAS Specific Questions