LucidFlash Accelerates NAS And Slashes Costs
Largo, FL – October 27, 2014 – Lucid Technology, Inc., a leading provider of NAS/SAN unified storage solutions, introduced an all-flash storage array to enable cost effective application performance acceleration.
LucidFlash, a 100% solid state expandable NAS designed to accelerate and simplify storage infrastructure, delivers enterprise grade performance for latency-sensitive applications responsible for driving revenue and productivity.
Powered by LucidNAS storage software, LucidFlash is a unified all-flash array that supports both block and file protocols including iSCSI, NFS, and CIFS, ensuring future-proof flexibility in meeting changing business and technology requirements.
It offers simple management, allowing IT departments to focus on delivering business value instead of managing storage, and delivers consistent sub-millisecond response times to accelerate business critical applications on a day-in, day-out basis.
Packed in a tiny 1U footprint, LucidFlash NAS is optimized for the native capabilities of flash and yields significant performance improvements over legacy storage especially in handling write traffic and data protection, accelerating I/O-intensive workloads and delivering high IOPS at sub-millisecond latency.
To maximize the longevity of the installed flash memory and extend its endurance, LucidFlash utilizes system tools to achieve even wear throughout the drive, improving performance and reducing premature media fatigue resulting from high concentration of P/E cycles. Intelligent wear-leveling ensures that the lifespan of flash can be extended to its maximum endurance limit.
“In order to keep up with evolving business needs, organizations are increasingly turning to all-flash storage for their primary storage needs,” said Vadim Carter, Lucid Technology’s President. “LucidFlash combines affordability and performance to make all-flash storage a viable option for a variety of applications and for companies of all sizes. It is a full-featured, unified storage solution engineered for applications that demand low latency and fast storage performance, which delivers a compelling balance of good economics, rapid time to deployment, and flexible scalability, allowing our customers to start small and scale capacity as their needs grow.”
Delivering the benefits of solid-state technology at a price point the mainstream could afford, LucidFlash offers high end features that large enterprises have been spending millions on for years:
- Thin provisioning to deliver increased capacity utilization and more efficient storage architecture, enabling on-demand allocation.
- Inline deduplication that achieves 10-to-1 data reduction to drive down the cost of storage. LucidFlash deduplication is synchronous, safe, efficiently scales with any size, and places no restrictions on the amount of data to deduplicate.
- End-to-end data integrity, keeping data consistent and eliminating silent data corruption with copy-on-write and checksums. LucidFlash uses a 256-bit checksum stored separately from the data it relates to and unlike a simple disk block checksum, it detects phantom writes, misdirected reads and writes, DMA parity errors, driver bugs, accidental overwrites as well as traditional “bit rot”. Once corruption is detected, LucidFlash automatically repairs the damage before the data is passed off to the process that requested it.
- Unlimited snapshots to protect data from accidental deletion, corruption, and modification with minimal time and capacity requirements. LucidFlash snapshots are very small and efficient, as only the deltas from the previous snapshot are stored. LucidFlash offers functionality to create a snapshot of the file system contents, transfer it to another storage array, and extract the snapshot to recreate the file system. By continually creating, replicating, and restoring snapshots, one can provide synchronization between one or more machines.
- Software RAID that offers single (RAID-Z) or double parity (RAID-Z2) protection like hardware RAID, but without the “write hole” vulnerability thanks to the copy-on-write architecture. The additional level of RAID-Z3 offers triple parity protection, and software mirror option is also available.
LucidFlash brings new level of affordability to high performance, low latency all-flash block and file shared storage, aiming to improve core operations that depend on applications where responsiveness drives the bottom line. It implements several targeted, flash specific software optimizations to deliver improved performance, superior data protection, and flash endurance.
“Faced with rapidly evolving infrastructure requirements, companies are now looking for greater simplicity and efficiency from their storage than ever before,” added Vadim Carter, Lucid Technology’s President. “LucidFlash is well positioned to deliver numerous benefits of solid-state technology across diverse markets and a multitude of applications.”
For more information on the LucidFlash NAS Storage Array, please visit:
ABOUT LUCID TECHNOLOGY, INC.
Located in Largo, Florida, Lucid Technology, Inc. is an innovative technology leader providing network storage solutions to OEMs, Value Added Resellers and System Integrators. The company’s products address business-critical needs for flexibility, affordability, high availability, and high performance. For more information, visit https://www.lucidti.com or email email@example.com
PR for Lucid Technology, Inc.